1/26/09 - Double Answer to Prayer!

Discouragement has passed for the moment and we're keeping on keeping on! Two events to report:

1. Mike met with a lady last week who is interested in having him illustrate a children's book she is self publishing (which happens to be about adoption!). We're not sure if that will ever come about, but when Mike walked into her house to meet her, there are pictures all over the house of the children she has adopted from China! So most of the meeting was discussing her adoption and ours and her encouraging Mike. He was more positive than I have seen him in months and would love for me to meet this lady someday too.

2. I made a realization while sitting in church this Sunday listening to a fabulous message on prayer which challenged me to pray that God would get the glory in all our times of trouble and challenge. I realized that by choosing discouragement, putting our adoption crate in the closet, and not wanting to keep moving forward, I was not following God's plan for us. God was not getting the glory but rather the enemy was winning. So the crate is out and Mike and I are going to read through the new dossier guidelines tonight.

Watch for our next steps in the days to come!! Thank you all for your love, prayers, and encouragement!!!

No comments: