10/21/09 - Care Package (and a few other things) Shopping

We are able to send care packages to the boys in Ethiopia through the generosity of those traveling before us. A sweet friend Meg on my Yahoo Group answered my question, which asked if anyone traveling had room to take care packages with a "Why yes I do ... for two little boys!"
We went shopping the night after the referral to find little treasures to tuck each each of the boys' gallon zip lock care packages:
So each of the boys will get a soccer shirt, two cars, a magnifying glass, a little notebook and crayons, really cool hologram animal stickers, and a photo album (that's the white, blank looking thing! It's awaiting pictures).

We also found a few other things:

Gotta love the Dollar Store! These will fit so well with the castle play set in the back yard - and of course there are two sets!!
And these shirts were too cute, and completely seem appropriate if you've seen Younger Brother's smile!
And I wanted matching pajamas for the boys. I remember my Mom dressing my brother and I in matching Winnie the Pooh pajamas from Sears when we were little and as an adult I think we looked adorable! Those are footballs on these matching pajamas.
And if you're wondering, a new bedspread that will be much more boyish is on the way!

No comments: