First Thanksgiving

I spent the week before Thanksgiving talking about why we celebrate the holiday and doing some Thanksgiving projects. The boys colored and cut out small Mayflowers that rocked back and forth. And John kind of remembered it's name - the "Flowership" (not too bad, I think!). We also colored and cut out pictures of a Pilgrim boy and girl and Native American boy and girl and taped them to cups so they would stand up on our table as centerpieces.

The actual day of Thanksgiving we went to my aunt and uncle's house. Here the cousins are all smiles:

A family portrait:
The day after Thanksgiving (as we had our furnace replaced) we had our own Turkey Fest: turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls and apple butter. I'm really the one who loves turkey in our house so that meant a lot of hot turkey sandwiches for me the following week!!

No comments: