05/14/11 - John's Dance Recital

John recently performed in his first dance recital and LOVED it!!

Last May, the boys and I went to my nieces dress rehearsal for their dance recital and as soon as it was over, John began to ask, "Mommy-a, John dance? You and Ryan and Daddy come watch?" - he'd only been here three months at that point - and I said, "Let Mommy look into it," thinking, oh, he'll just forget about it. Little did I realize how John is wired! The child NEVER forgets anything! SO each time we would drive by the theatre where the girls performed, John would ask, "Mommy-a, you still looking it me taking dance and perform and everyone come watch me!?" So this past fall, I found a program offered through our local park district - 30 weeks of class ending with a recital, dance costume, dance t-shirt, and dance performance DVD, all very reasonably priced and affordable for us. So we signed him up for Pre Jazz!

And to say John loved the experience would be an understatement.

Here are some posed pictures of his performance piece - they danced to Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf.

Intro music - air guitar:
playing drums:

'Yeah, darling gonna make it happen. Take the world in a love embrace' - grapevine:

'Racing in the wind, and the feeling that I'm under' - step and clap:




'Born to be wild' - spin around with arms:
And the ultimate attitude dance pose!




No comments: