2/15/12 - Metcha Day Anniversary!

Two years ago today, our lives were changed for the better.

We stood in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and watched a white van pull into our agency's younger children's transition house and inside that van were two little boys we had been waiting a lifetime to meet.


And oh how much they have brought to my life: pure and simple joy, pride in their accomplishments, frustration ("Why won't you just obey my words the first time!?" wonder how often the Lord says that to me?), the beauty of seeing life through the eyes of children, a sense of how awesome God is and how He is always at work even in the small details, humbleness that this was His plan for me, realization of my own selfishness, one adventure after another (and an adventure can simply be used empty boxes to make a fort or reading a book from the library together!), peace in knowing they are the perfect children for our family, and excitement in all the future holds for them and for us as a family.


The adoption process is the most challenging thing I have ever done in my life. It was filled with waiting, disappointments, frustration, and hardship. However, they joy at the end - John Michael Eyob and Ryan Elijah Ephrem - FAR outweighed anything in the process. I would walk through it again in a second. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh wow! I can't believe it's been 2 years. I can remember so vividly waiting & watching for blog updates. Everyone at the center was so excited for you!