Small Group Shower

My wonderful small group gave me a shower on Saturday, January 30th - and not only that, but they looked through my frequent adoption email updates and figured out who some of my friends were and invited them to the shower too!

I felt so loved on! To have people gathered who have prayed for our children for years, way before we even knew about America World or Ethiopia, was humbling.

And I must admit, driving to the shower was very surreal - I was heading to a baby shower ... for me ... because I'm a Mom and have two boys!!

The following are pictures of my small group and some of the parties festivities:

This is my dear friend (and fellow Monk lover) Dianna pinning on the precious corsage she made for me. It had a football and baseball intertwined with ribbon!

This is one of my best friends, shoulder to lean on, ear to listen to, do anything for me, sister in Christ Alison:


This is my friend Christine who recently joined our small group as she married one of the guys in it! She has been so excited and supportive of our adoption since she first learned about it from Dave (her now husband, then boyfriend) and has shared that excitement with her family. I love her!!


This is Karen and her daughter Emily. I have known Karen for almost six years. We met serving in our old church's children's puppet ministry. Karen has been one of our biggest cheerleaders and champions in our long journey toward adding children to our family. She is my "AHHHHH!" friend whenever there is exciting news!


This is my dear friend Doreen. Doreen who knows our adoption story so well that at both our summer garage sale and fall candy sale, she was able to tell others all about our journey and not miss a detail! I can't wait for the boys to get some lovin' from this auntie!


This is Dianna with her three daughters, Emma, Dannah, and Aria. All three girls have prayed for our children for years!


How cute is the cake Doreen picked out:



Presents for the boys!

Thank you Sue and Hayley!

I look way emotional in this picture, but I was really so excited (not hysterically crying) that my friend Alison had hand made gifts for the boys as I was so hoping she would!

Our boys will look stylish and adorable in clothes from Doreen!


My kindred spirit Gloria picked out these shirts for the boys and this is what we will change them in to when we arrive back home at the airport!

One of the gifts from our friends Karen and Angel. Angel picked out these hot wheel cars for the boys!

And Karen's daughter Emily made an amazing bracelet: two silver little boy jewels, a silver J, and a silver R surrounded by green beads. I will wear this to Ethiopia!

This is one of the many gifts from Jeff, Dianna, Aria, Dannah, and Emma and the one Mike and I spent the most time playing with once we got everything home! It is really cool and does lots of stuff. Can't wait to play with it "with" the boys!!

We have some new games to play with John and Ryan thanks to my friend Terie!

The boys will have chairs to sit in and sleeping bags to sleep in when we go camping thanks to Christine!

A soccer ball from my friend Jan! Soccer is the big sport in Ethiopia (and pretty much all the world except here in the US) and this ball is just the right size for them.

It was an amazing day!

No comments: