09/09/10 - John Started Preschool

John stated preschool! To say he was excited about going would be an understatement. He is so ready for the structure of preschool, more time to socialize with kids his age, and the academics, creativity, and imagination that will come with all they do.

As I drove him to the preschool which is about five minutes form our house, it really hit me that I was entrusting him to the care of the teachers. I did not expect how hard it would be to let him go, so to speak, and I spent most of the drive praying that the Lord would watch over him and his year, that his spirit would soar with all his new experiences and not be damaged in any way!! And then as I drove home and wiped a few tears from my eyes, I wondered if, as a teacher for 14 years, I had been sensitive enough to all the parents who had entrusted their children to me.

No comments: