God's Plan A for Mike and Amy continues . . .

So what do we do now?

This is a question I have asked myself since coming home from Ethiopia in February 2010. Having been through the international adoption process, having traveled half way around the world, having seen a humble people poor in material possessions but so rich in love, knowing there are more orphans . . . what do I do now?

We have not felt called to begin an orphan ministry or another kind of support system in cooperation with groups in Ethiopia as some have (more info about some GREAT organizations in future posts). But what do I do?

I love the boys, help them adjust to life in our home, delight that they are happy and healthy. But what do I do?

It is a question that has haunted me. Until Now - until 2 weeks ago when we attended an adoption conference in Indianapolis, Indiana hosted by MLJ Adoptions. We knew we would come home having heard some great information and with great resources. We did not anticipate hearing from God in the way we did. We did not anticipate being shown why the door to beginning an adoption from China had been temporarily closed to us seven weeks ago. We did not anticipate God speaking to our hearts and saying, "Give me everything and follow hard after me!" (okay, that is what I'm supposed to do!) We did not anticipate getting crazy with God - but that is what we are doing!

We are beyond thrilled to announce that we have been accepted into one of MLJ Adoptions program!! God is leading us to adopt again!! We are requesting siblings, either gender aged 0-4 years old. However, a sibling referral is rare, so our single child request would be for a child, either gender aged 0-2 years old. I am still in awe of all God has planned for us as I type the above sentence!!

I never would have anticipated . . . but God knew and I am blessed because of it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

KLT said...

May you have much grace for the journey! Hearing this news makes me rejoice...