Spiritual Conversations from a 5 and 6 Year Old

Here's part of a conversation from the back seat of the car. It stemmed from having driven by my Gramma's house. My Gramma went to be with Jesus this March.

Ryan: Great Gramma is dead.
John: She's alive. (This exchange went back and forth a few times before John added) She's in heaven. (slight pause) Why can't we all just die right now and go to heaven?
(Now John will frequently ask rather deep spiritual questions and is truly interested in the answer, so I jumped in at this point.
Mommy: Because each of us has our purpose to fill here on earth.
Ryan: That's right. You buy it you break it!
John: No Ryan, You break it you buy it. (Again, this exchange went back and forth a few times before John states) I'm not having this argument anymore.
Ryan: Me neither. I'm not having this argument.

No comments: