6/20/10 - Four Months

So our summer's been a little bit busy but I need to get this post in before the boys have been home five months!!
It seems like they have always been here and it's hard to remember what it sounded like before they were here. I know what it looked like - no toys scattered around - but I LOVE the obvious signs that two little boys live in this house.

John continues to learn and retain new concepts at a rapid pace, way faster than I would have anticipated. I know I am a little biased, but he is amazing! His sense of humor is coming out more and more and he knows when he is being funny. The other day while I was driving in the car, the road was curvy. He said, "Look Mommy-a" (which he frequently does and gets the answer, "I can't. I'm driving."). I looked over my shoulder and he was leaning over in the back seat like the turn in the road had been so sharp it knocked him over. And another time we were driving home late from the zoo and I said it would be alright if both boys shut there eyes and went to sleep. John closed his eyes for maybe 15 seconds, then opened them and replied matter of factly, "No, Mommy-a. I can't sleep." he them proceeded to make up songs all the way home (that's another blog!). He loves cars, being outside, cars, our little kiddie pool and the sprinkler park, riding his bike, did I mention cars?, doing projects, camping, playing at the park, going to church, Toy Story, Madagascar, Tarzan, and Ice Age, and babies (we have taught/are trying to teach him to say, "My name is John. Can I see your baby?" but he has informed us that if we had a baby in our house we could kiss it and hug it because it would be our baby!). He is friendly, outgoing, helpful, sharing (sometimes) and confident. He is a joy in our lives!

Ryan's language development has REALLY taken off - he repeats everything that is said (much to the annoyance of his brother!) and is so proud when he knows words and concepts (Mommy's Bible - my Bible). He is putting together three and four word sentences and recently when following my Mom's car he shouted, "See Gramma car again." (I was super excited about that sentence!). He LOVES to do whatever John is doing but is also developing into his own person. He loves cars, dancing (and boy does he have some great moves!), having his own way, doing everything himself, jumping belly first into the kiddie pool, climbing at the park, cuddling, flushing the toilet, glue and scissors projects, playing in dress up clothes, virtually every food we give him, Toy Story, Madagascar, Tarzan, and Ice Age, and pretending to cook. He loves to help make muffins and put clean dishes away. He is quiet in new situations but has become more adventurous. He is a goof with the cutest smile ever which is a good thing with all the tantrums he throws! However, he does not argue when we say go up to bed and come down when you are ready to make good choices. He loves to pray for each of the member in his family (Jesus, I love you - which comes out sounding like luff woo - Jesus, I love you Mommy-a, Jesus, I love you Ababa, Jesus, I love you John Eyob, Jesus, I love you my.) He is a joy in our lives.


And thank you to all who faithfully check our blog every day to see if there is a new post - that support means so much and I am going to try and do better at posting!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't believe how great they are doing with language! It is so helpful when they can tell you what they want:) Thanks for the updates.