June in Review

This is one of my favorite pictures:Watching our African Children's Choir DVD and singing and dancing along with: Playing a colored shape match game - I tried this the week after the boys got home and it was disastrous! They had no problem this time:
Playing with funny hats:
Indoor sensory table on a rainy day:
Dress up costume I found at a rummage sale for $2.00 - John calls this the scary elephant costume and growls when he wears it:
Franklin the turtle:
I also found slippers for John at the rummage sale. Ryan has a Buzz Lightyear pair (thanks Tracy!) and we've been on the look out for John. It was about 90 degrees when he put these on:
Each week the Farmer's Market has a character the kids can meet. this week was Big Bird from Sesame Street. Ryan is clinging to my arm as Mike took this picture of John:
Father's Day - the boys made a hand print from a kit (thanks Ginger) and painted it for Mike:
I made a Happy Father's Day album - two pages of pictures of Mike and the boys added each year. I read about the idea in Family Fun magazine I think.
Four generations - Great Gramma, Gramma, Mommy-a, John and Ryan!
Family Zoo Day
the cousins:
everyone eating lunch:digging for dinosaur fossils at the special Dinosaur Exhibit:
standing like the raptor with wings out stretched:
having fun with a dinosaur statue:
There is a picture taken from the same angle of my niece Samantha and my Dad when she was a little younger than Ryan. We both saw this and remembered the picture and wanted to capture another with my Dad and Ryan:
Riding the Sky Lift Chair Ride:

I have ridden this ride with Samantha for as long as the ride has been there. I was so happy she still wanted to ride with me this year with the addition of Ryan. We then always try to take a self portrait of ourselves. I took about 15 pictures trying to get all three of us in:
Then finally gave up and just took a sideways picture of Samantha and Ryan!
feeding the goats:this is as close as Ryan got:
but he loved the automatic hand air dryers outside the goats' pen!
My sister discovered this place about six or seven years ago. It is incredible!!
feeding a baby calf:
a great group picture, Ryan, Gramma, Maddy Jo, John, Aunt Sarah, and Samantha:
feeding the deer:

Mommy and her boys!
the cousins - Sami made all the shirts!
There is also a wonderful hour and a half horse show. This is how Ryan looked the entire time!
petting the horses after the show:
feeding baby goats:


touching a lemur:
But one of our favorite parts was holding and playing with the kittens:


1 comment:

Kristen said...

You have the sweetest family:) I just love seeing the looks of delight on your little boys' faces. They so love you already!