08/20/10 - Six Months

Six months, half a year - where has the time gone? I guess it has been filled with watching two little boys filled with wonder by the world and my being filled with wonder at God's good and perfect plans for us!

It is hard to remember a time when they weren't here! A time when there weren't toys spread out all over the coffee table (but hey, I waited over five years for that, so I rejoice over it!) or someone calling, "Mommy-a!" and then repeating it until I respond. A time when I did far less laundry and fewer loads of dishes. A time when I didn't go in to check on two little babes every night before I go to sleep. A time when I wasn't asked each morning, "Mommy-a, where go today?" or told throughout the day, "I love you." (although it kind of comes out as "I wub you.")

And then there are all the precious little moments I want to capture and keep in my heart forever, all the moments I want to remember always (especially when John is telling me no when asked to do something or Ryan is having one of his all out tantrums!). The "I love yous" and "Come look at this Mommy-a" and the sounds of your sweet voices singing and watching you hold hands as you walk and that right now you will talk to me about anything and everything (and keep talking and talking and talking!) and how you remember the shortest, craziest lines from movies and that you think if you walk away your Jesse doll might really get up and walk or talk and that if you meet Tinkerbell someday, you'll shake her gently so you can have some pixie dust so you can fly and how you answer a question without really processing it and then once you do, you quickly change your answer and your funny dance moves and your ability to identify so many different types of cars and your innocence and your forgiveness and your unconditional love.

I am blessed.

No comments: