5/20/10 - 3 Months and Counting

I cannot believe it has been three months since we arrived home with the boys. Yet at the same time, I cannot remember life without them. Nor do I want to imagine life without them here!

They are a joy in my life! Yes there are stressful moments - they argue and disobey like normal children and sometimes Ryan asks please but doesn't tell what for and is so frustrated when I don't give it to him or I'm doing bath and bedtime by myself again as Mike works third shift and is sleeping before going in - but they are far outweighed by all the delights.

And the boys delight in everything: a trip to the park, new sandals, a play date with their cousins or our friend Eleanor, a treat of sherbet at the zoo, sliding down the curly slide on our castle play set, checking the flowers each day to see if they have bloomed, corn on the cob, watching the African children's choir and dancing along with them, listening to Teddy Afro in the car ("Loud, Mommy-a!"), going to church on Sundays and reading our Bible every bedtime, projects and activities (we LOVE cutting and gluing), seeing pictures of friends from Ethiopia on other families blogs, pizza for lunch, running through the sprinkler, dive bombing into the kiddie pool, new toy cars bought by Gramma at a garage sale, anything pasta, choosing the color of the tub water, story time at the library, new clothes given to us by so many generous friends, Aunt Teri coming again in July, camping, Ababa waking up and coming down the stairs in the afternoon, hours spent playing with toy cars, family movie nights and the hot air popcorn maker, seeing "goodnight moon" in the sky when we come home and it's dark out, ...

And I have the joy of watching them experience all these first. How blessed am I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That just makes me so happy to read! And it makes me anxious to get our new little one home. What a precious time!