Funny English-ism

As the boys are learning English, here are some funnies we've encountered:

A friend was taking the boys and I out to dinner one night. I told the boys we would be going to IHOP to eat. John Eyob pointed and said, "eye?"

We were grilling last week. I said we would be making brats, Italian sausages, and hot dogs. John Eyob said, "hot dogs - woof-woof, Mommy-a?"

The boys always like to know the names of what we are eating for lunch and dinner. When I said Lean Pockets, John Eyob cracked up and put his hand in his pocket and said, "pockets, Mommy-a!"

I will usually say aloud the order of things we'll do for the day. We were recently going somewhere with my Mom and since she was in the car, I wanted to stop at the library without having to take the boys in with me. I told them I was going to just run into the library quick and be right back. John Eyob questioned, "Mommy-a run? Eyob run too!"

1 comment:

Karen said...

Amy - your boys are seriously adorable! What a BEAUTIFUL family you have!!! with love, Karen Wistrom www.family-from-afar.blogspot.com