More Funny English-isms

The other night I made two kinds of marinated chicken, one in honey dijon and one in teriyaki. I asked the boys which kind they wanted (knowing they didn't really know either flavor but wanting to give them a choice!), "honey dijon" or "teriyaki." John pointed at the teriyaki chicken and said, "Teri-yucky! This is teri-yucky! Me no want that."

I told the boys I was going to jump in the shower the other morning. John got excited and said "JUMP, Mommy-a!"

It has been so warm recently and we don't have air conditioning, so I had been leaving the boys' bedroom door open so any cool air could blown into their room through the hall window. After about three days of this, John perplexed asked on morning, "Who this air that come in Eyob and Ephrem's bedroom at night? What his name?"

John has taken to making lots of demands lately and forgetting to say please. So when this happens we ask are you asking or ordering? and he (usually) adds the word please. At my Mom's house she asked me if the boys would like a Popsicle or ice-cream sandwich and I told her the ice-cream sandwich. John didn't hear what I said and yelled after my Mom, "Sandwich cold, please." I told him that's what I ordered for him and he looked at me very seriously and said, "No order, Mommy-a, say please."

2 comments:

The Cooleys said...

I love it!!!! Eleanor continues to call me Mommy-a and talks about mack-e-naws. So sweet!

Doug and Danielle said...

Amy,
I love reading what your boys say! It makes me smile:) Also love the encouragement from your mom, what a wise women.